It's late Sunday morning, the hubby is out for a hike in the Presidio & I find myself alone and in need of sustenance. We plan to have a late lunch out somewhere to enjoy San Francisco's unseasonably warm & sunny weather, so I need a snack that's light but still satisfying. We've spent the past few days eating out with our out of town visitors, so it feels good to just kick back, curl up with the paper & relax. I take a look to see what I've got in the pantry & fridge...
And I :
- cut a slice off of Friday's Acme sourdough round purchased at the Ferry Building while touring with visitors
- toast it
- slather on a tablespoon of creme fraiche
- snip a few chives
- add a forkful of capers
- top it off with a slice of Scottish smoked salmon
- add a layer of sliced cherry tomatoes
- grind a little black pepper over it
- anoint it with a splash of Meyer lemon infused olive oil
- garnish with a few more chives
Try it, you'll like it.